31st July – 2nd August 2014
BuildNZ is a leading trade only event for the Building & Construction Industry with a solid reputation for bringing building professionals and construction industry innovators together to share ideas, showcase the latest products, and develop business relationships.
Visit us at stand 84 to see our latest products, and discuss how we can assist your construction business.
Resene Construction Systems is pleased to sponsor this educational event in supporting accurate construction knowledge to the industry.
Accredited CPD points available
NZRAB – 30 CPD points
ADNZ – 3 CPD points
BOINZ – 2.5 CPD points
LBPs – 1 hour of learning = 1 point
During May, June and July, BRANZ will be presenting a series of seminars for designers, engineers, builders and BCAs providing a technical update and answers to important technical questions to the BRANZ Helpline:
Download brochure for event dates, times and registering to attend in your area.
- What is the content and importance of MBIE advisory notes?
- For bracing, how are along and across defined?
- Why can’t I substitute a similar product that I can get cheaper?
- Why is installing cladding over a cavity considered easier than direct fixing?
- Why is the scope of a BRANZ Appraisal important?
- How close to the edge of a slab can a fixing be?
- How much bracing is provided by existing construction?
- Why is an air barrier important in a wall cladding system?
- How do we know cavities work – the science behind cavities – the 4Ds?
- Why are multipliers used in NZS 3604 tables?
- How can I use the E2/AS1 risk matrix as a design tool?
- Are the 4Ds of weathertightness still relevant?
- What is the way to work out the loaded dimension and member spans?
- Why can my deck joists have a longer span, and how do I calculate bracing?
- What do I need to consider when specifying wall underlays and flexible flashing tapes?
- Why do I have to use stainless steel with some new timber treatments?
- How can we utilise the benefits of diaphragms and dragon ties?
- What are the advantages and drawbacks of top venting of cavities?
- What are the differences between a wet cavity and a dry cavity?
- How were risk scores of the E2/AS1 risk matrix determined?
- How can I use E2/AS1 to support another way of detailing?
- What are the rules for tying down roof framing and lintels?
…and much, much more
We’ll include questions you wish to ask on the day – definitely a technical update and clarification session not to be missed.